PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More wannabes hired - be encouraged!
View Single Post
Old 26th Feb 2001, 23:00
Raw Data

Talking

GJB - We asked candidates to fly a SID (in this case, a Dover 3G out of LHR 27L), followed by radar vectors to the ILS (all in CAVOK conditions). I then repositioned the sim to a 10 mile final for an ILS, but this time in IMC with a cloudbase of 1000'. There were a few questions along the way as well.

We look for good situational/spatial awareness, CRM from both pilots (we had one in each seat where possible), good IF flying and a steady improvement throughout the detail. No-one was given any info on the sim beforehand apart from a very general outline (although some had clearly flown the sim before). Some folk had not flown for some time, it showed and was a major factor in the decisions that were made- people who are not current are a major training risk, and as the folks we hired will be in the sim in three weeks, there would be no time to get current.

We also looked hard at what sort of people they were in the cockpit environment.

Patsy 001 - I have no precise knowledge on that, but my understanding is that sponsorship is here for quite some time.

DeltaT - again I have no precise knowledge as all that stuff was looked at during the initial selection and interview - but I believe everyone had MCC and some might have had LOFT- though not all of them. Maybe you have an old form... I'll check with Mission Control and get back to you.

Miles High - the low-houred guys were all Cabair 509'ers as far as I know. The others all had over 1000 hours and significant experience (ie commercial air taxi and such like).

Hard to know whether your CV fitted the profile without seeing it.

Availability probably had a lot to do with selection as well, as those who were successful yesterday were in groundschool at EXT this morning! Talk about fast!