PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK to operate Boeing 777-200LRF Sydney direct New York in December
Old 12th Nov 2010, 03:03
RAD_ALT_ALIVE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey LeadSled,

I wouldn't sound so smug when using '...S/O...Qantas...&...good economics...' in the same sentence. The term oxymoron springs immediately to mind.

"Why?" I hear you all call in unison! Somewhere between $140K and (if rumour is true and if the A380 were still flying...) $180K, I would argue, makes very little economic sense for a relief pilot.

Any EK drivers out there willing to post what the average per-annum remuneration is for an F/O?

It'd make an interesting comparison.

As for the reason that the B772LRF is coming to Aus - I've been sworn to secrecy - but I can give a couple of little clues;
(a) take into account the rest periods required prior to/following a long back-of-the-clock tour of duty, and
(b) consider the arrival and departure dates given by gate4 in his reply, and lastly,
(c) assume that the weight of eight reindeer, one sleigh, lots of presents and one rotund (but pleasantly happy) & bearded elderly chap does not exceed 30000kg.

I can't give any other details away though...