PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 18:07
rmventuri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boggie

Welcome to the forum. The photo's I posted are all from originals in my brother's possession (on the back there is a stamp of the photo company). My, now 92 year old, uncle told me my grandmother understandably had a tough time dealing with the loss of Doug - kept what little possessions and memorabilia locked away in a drawer for many years. Eventually they were given to my father (twin brothers) and then to my oldest brother - Doug’s namesake. I can only assume that Doug had this crew photo because he was friends with Jack O’Dowda. They would have met while training at Mossbank, Saskatchewan Canada. Jack was from Winnipeg – Doug from Saskatoon. I have contact info for one of Jack’s nephews (I can PM if pbeach has not already done so). They lost most/all of Jack’s photos to a flood years ago. Unfortunately Doug did not have any pictures of his own crew – if by chance since crews may have hung out you ever discover more photos in your research would much appreciate a copy.

Not sure why Jack would have stayed with 51 squadron when flight group 'C' moved on to form 578?