PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 17:58
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Always with some garish neckware
I remember my first tour where we had a rather stuck up Army major as PMC. He was constantly banging on about how standards were slipping and if he had his way etc etc etc, much to the annoyance of the living in JOs and my Boss who had a sense of humour not far off my own.

The run up to the summer ball had been particularly painful, so we decided to get our own back on the PMC. All the JOs - and the sqn boss - turned up to the ball at the same time having had some very fine 'Burberry chav' bow ties, cummerbunds and shawls made up for the ladies. Apoplectic really doesn't do justice to his reaction. Between the 'chav' accessories, the fairy lights that flashed in such a sequence down the length of the main corridor that they were in danger of triggering a full on epileptic fit and the dodgems that went round quick enough to keep the MO busy with cases of whiplash all night, I have to say it stands out as one of the better summer balls I have been to. I still have the photo from the evening in my study.

In fact it was right up there with the Christmas draw where I was duly stitched up by a mate who decided to set me up with a rather attractive, vivacious and very flirtatious older woman who later turned out to be the bomb disposal officer's wife!