PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Good old days
Thread: Good old days
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 17:39
kotakota

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
We will remember them. LEST WE FORGET'

Sorry , just had to slip that in , as most people these days forget that our freedoms are so readily taken for granted . Modern-day aviation was forged by the lucky ones that survived the Two Great Wars , and they should not be dissed by some of the Modern Heroes who 'grace' these portals today.
I enjoy flying the modern gizmos we have now , but I was lucky - no , VERY LUCKY , to have had the privilege to be in the RHS with some Captains who were mainly Rhodesian Air Force who flew Lancs out of UK on Pathfinder missions for the Bomber Forces ( Google it if you do not know of what I speak ) . They were modest , tough , and very skilled .......never ever heard a 'when-we' out of these guys , they were just happy to be flying safely without someone trying to shoot them down every time they flew.
Shame on you who disparage ' the old days' , one thing a few of us 'oldies' agreed on the other day is how boring airline flying has become.
You are almost lucky that your entire airline career has been conducted behind locked doors with no visitors to the flight deck , because you cannot possibly remember what fun it used to be.