PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 14:36
Desertbannanas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pop, I liked Falcons mature post. I think alot of it rings true, and after listening to you, I applaud his maturity. However I still stand that I believe whats best for Air Canada and Canada is to allow competition into the market, from several sources... but to be managed. IE: in your eyes: Protected. The reasons of which I have already stated and will not do for you again.

I am Left in my view, and I have a sense of social responsibility to my country. I believe Canada needs to intelligently look at how much access Emirates and any airline has to Canada and "manage" it if necessary. This again in your view is protectionist. However I continually point out, if we really were protectionist and not fair to the market, then we would not have allowed much of the access all of the other airlines share already. There is already lots of choice for the consumer and competition for Air Canada. So, to me that protectionist argument does not fly.

You, on the other hand are very "Right" in your views, but also extrememly immature. You do not approach the topic in a logical or balanced way.

Indeed EngineFireLeft, I have worked in the ME and working there does come at a price. And in my opinion, the few extra dollars at the end of the day is not worth it. Besides, if your at AC, and you count the pension, its worth alot more anyway. It just has been a shorter course to the LHS in a widebody at EK, and for those who put that above all else, its usefull. But for me, Its a balance of Work/Lifestyle/Social.. and nothing is better than working in ones own Country if you have something decent.