PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 uncontained #2 engine failure
Old 11th Nov 2010, 13:41
NOTanAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up And you know

All these people foretelling gloom and doom for RR are obviously too young to remember the first B747's sitting on the ramp in Seattle with concrete blocks tied to the nacelles waiting for P&W to sort out the ovalating problem
I believe age is no excuse not to google "turbine disk failure" as I did. This pointed me to at least 6 occurences in the last 8 years that should have plagued the GE-CF6-50 and -80 in the same way those Trent models are trashed by many people right now. Is GE in any sort of troubles? Right now, they rather sound like the only alternative on the A-380 in partnership with P&W. Engine Alliance must be glad people not only have weak memories BUT apparently aren't even able to use Google either to learn more about turbine failures.

Time to buy some RR stock if you have some spare change. Them brokers have all sold theirs high at the beginning of this story, making by themselve this title plunge faster than a "Widow Maker", and are getting ready to buy it back low, just about now. That's how you take care of business on the stock market... inducing panic pays way better on the ground.