PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What is going on with Olympic Air ????
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 13:13
Norman Stanley Fletcher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
YYZ Instructor - sorry mate but you are absolutely wrong. You cannot state 'accident or not - we will never know' and expect everyone else to accept that there is some doubt on the issue. In so doing you are accepting the possibility of widespread corrpution at every level of the UK and US accident investigation system - that is not something I can comfortably leave unchallenged. If you have the slightest evidence to suggest that the BA crash is not as it has been stated by the AAIB, let us hear it. If not, as I am 100% sure is the case, you should not be lowering yourself to the 'B52 found on the Moon' level occupied by most conspiracy theorists. It gives credence to the lunatic fringe end of aviation - in this case an Olympic pilot who is stating as fact things that are demonstrably not the case. If you lower yourself to accepting a basic premise that all aviation in the world is the same and that the corruption endemic in various parts of the world is also prevalent here then you can start to believe the issues are the same everywhere. That is absolutely not the case and is at the centre of this whole thread. Incorrect and inaccurate information must be tackled if we are to arrive at a sensible conclusion. As I have stated previously, show me one scrap of evidence to support these views. The world is full of conspiracy theories - I am completely open to each and every one of them on a case by case basis, if there is a shred of evidence to support them. In this case there is not, and you being complicit in the ludicrous accusations just takes the heat off the issues being discussed.

More importantly the type of characters on display here are at the root of the problems at Olympic - employees living in cloud cuckoo land for year upon year while their company languished in overt bankruptcy, kept afloat by handouts from the state. Many of those now in management at the new Olympic are the same people who were in and around Olympic Airways, and are now using the same practices that led them into difficulty in the first place.

This thread is about the behaviour of a management culture and there are people on here questioning much of what passes for normality in Greek business and aviation practice. Rather than address the issues, there are employees of Olympic turning to the insane end of the scale, and thereby doing enormous damage to their own cause. I will therefore continue to challenge the suggestions being made here by yourself and others, since they have no evidence to support them.

Last edited by Norman Stanley Fletcher; 11th Nov 2010 at 13:28.