PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 13:08
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 429 Likes on 226 Posts
No no no no no no - not embossed but engraved. That is to say, made by an engraver chappie carving a copper plate to be used.

Real printers' ink too, so the indentation of the engraving gives the printing a raised nature which can be detected (as can its absence) by the surreptitious running of a fingernail across the card under investigation.

Pshaw to "embossed", I'm disappointed in you PN, and particularly you O-D.
Printed, embossed, engraved, chiselled, or whatever .....my card was marked from the start......

Teeters, don't know why, but all your theatricals here suddenly sparked a scary memory of you wearing a bright red soldier's uniform, playing a leading role in an open air play. "Far from the Madding crowd", I think it was, must have been 1984!

Siseman,

A hat was still on the joining instructions for OCTU at Henlow in '76. Never wore it once
I wore mine once, got told never again. It was a Derby County bobble hat with a pom-pom, an' all. Bastards; must have supported some other team.

(P.s. You and I must have been at OCTU around the same time, 310 course in my case ).

Last edited by ShyTorque; 11th Nov 2010 at 13:21.