PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas A380 uncontained #2 engine failure
Old 11th Nov 2010, 12:30
NOTanAM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ATSB is THE source.

All of the last comments, while pointing to various (may I say, unreliable?) media sources, are ultimately inspired by the ATSB website. They have daily updates over the progress of this investigation. Though it doesn't put to rest any "rumours", at least, it directs these in a sounder direction.

I just wanted to commend how the Aussies do business here. Even though, like all other authorities in this matter, they warn we shouldn't draw any definitive conclusions over what they regularly report, I believe it informs better the flying public, so people can make for themselves an enlightened decision to fly or not on this (or any other) type. T's'way better than how our Canadian TSB, the NTSB, and the now "dubious in the face of their own public" French BEA let you hang to dry until the ICAO rules force them to come out with a report.

So, if you want to follow this investigation almost "live", loose the media sources and go where them medias take their own informations and consult it before they can twist it in sometimes wacky manners: the ATSB's website. These guys rule.