PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 11th Nov 2010, 07:19
MCDU2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you take the 79m profit in the latest results add it to the 30m or so loss for last year then its over a 100m swing. About 20-30m will be from staff savings on an annualised basis. The rest is as a result of someone waking up and realising that flying half full flights into the same city in on the East coast of the US is barking mad when you can cut the frequency and combine loads. Setting up LGW without conducting any due diligence and going toe to toe with Easy is lunacy so get the aircraft out of there. And then there is some improvement in yields eg: you paying more to check in bags, buy a coffee etc.

Remember this time last year we were all being told that the company was going to go bust, 139 pilots were going to be sacked is what the company wrote to the Minister in accordance with its legal requirements.

And now the truth is out and we know....The company ain't going to go bust, we were lied to yet again by management, AL has nearly a billion in cash, we don't have enough pilots and are working our ars*s off and we are getting just a little bit annoyed at being fobbed off with various excuses for AL to never implement anything that they agree to in the labour courts.

The ink was hardly dry on Greenfield and our paycuts came through. Recently we were entitled to an annual increment on our salaries. It took 2 months for this to come through. Unfortunately the person in charge of payroll was away on "holiday" when they should have been paid. It took a further couple of payroll runs after they returned from holiday to sort it out. AL for some reason which they won't explain to us cannot organise a non scheduled payroll run. I wonder what they did with the interest on our money??? I can assure you we didn't see any of it.

Just one of many instances that I could tell ya about to highlight the incompetence that we deal with on a daily basis.