PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RT Communication - Are we understanding everyone?
Old 21st Aug 2002, 00:47
OZAZTEC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question RT Communication - Are we understanding everyone?

Without any disrespect to anyone, I feel something needs to be done about the level of spoken English in the skies.

I am sure everyone is pleased with the foreign students training in OZ but I believe there MUST be a minimum level of oral english required to ensure safe communication and flight.

I am not sure from which countries, but there are many students in the MEL area flying from YMPC and YMMB who at times I just can't understand - and do they understand me??

In the circuit at PC yesterday there were about 4, I guess on solo ops and I couldn't understand most of the calls - Eyeballs on double Overtime! Saturday at EN 3 or 4 came in and gave headaches to the controllers.

I believe training organisations have a duty to ensure that all their students have a good oral english capability before they are let lose in the skies.

Is this happening elswhere in OZ ? Any incidents as a direct result of mis-understood comunication? Any foreign students on this board? What are your thoughts?

Last edited by OZAZTEC; 21st Aug 2002 at 12:17.