PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Etihad Airways Expatriate Cadet Pilot Programme 2010/2011?
Old 11th Nov 2010, 00:54
Bravo Papa

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have seen that Etihad are still offering this Expat Sponsorhip deal, and, so simply to avoiding missing out just in case, I have applied for it...
Good work! If you didn't apply for it you would be missing out. Right? What's the "just in case" about?

the first thing I want to find out is simply what is the usual lead time from applying (assuming youre successful) to hearing back from them?
Last time around it was about 7 months from applying to receiving the details for Stage 1, however, this time is already different as we only had to send an email saying we'd like to apply, not a CV etc like they are asking for this time, so who really knows how it will work or how long it will be before you hear!?

From what I've heard they need a lot of pilots over there and the guys in the hold pool right now are not far from, or already have been called up to start. Guess they'll need another hold pool right?

By the way, 36 expat cadet pilots graduated in the last couple of months so I think they've got some space for more!