PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 22:14
M2dude

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nick Thomas
Hi again Nick, I totally agree that anyone suggesting tha Concorde was a 'terrible waste' is either totally mis-informed or naive; either way they are totally wrong anyway. The Airbus spinoffs as well as the know how gained on both sides of the English Puddle were immense. What she brought to BA as a brand of course is a totally different matter; for BA she was just the best thing since sliced bread.
As far as another SST, well you never know. I maintain that in aviation you can never say 'never', but far more likely than an SST as such is a hypersonic sub-orbital machine such as the Reaction Engines Lapcat. In any case such a venture will require immense financial investment as well as HUGE political balls to have any sort of chance of becoming anything more than a paper aeroplane. More conventional SST designs are around both in Europe and Japan, perhaps a trans-continental venture is the answer here?

ChristiaanJ
I'm with you on the business jet angle, it's such a quick and convenient way of getting from city centre to city centre. And as for the SSBJ, it did sound promising didn't it, that would have been the ultimate business travel tool. (Shall you and I design a 'mini-conc') ?
Regards to all

Dude

Last edited by M2dude; 11th Nov 2010 at 10:47.