PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Project on In-Flight Service Trolleys
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 17:27
rmarsha5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good feedback here..

Thanks guys for all the response. As I can see it is always an issue about the weight of the trolley. As 677sqn mentioned, the single (or half-sized trolley) wouldnt be stable when it is empty so this is
an important safety issue to bring up in my research. Um..Lifting pointed the other problem which are the wheels on the trolleys where it would get stuck or gives restricted movement.

The links from EISNN is very useful, thanks! The ideas ive read on here, it is very similar to some ideas that I have thought of like the rails on the floor or the ceiling.
Um..lifting - i think the way of putting short spikes that comes down to the carpet is a great alternative to the traditional brakes but a mystery question is does it actually make the trolley stay in one position with spikes holding on to the carpet?
The carpet would need to be quite thick and probably end up having to be replaced in under a year with the amount of times the carpet gets spiked.

I have thought about the cabin crew's problem with bending over to get to the bottom shelf/drawer to get something, and possibly could come up with something would able to push all the food and trolley up when the top line of food/drink is empty, kind of like a heavy based spring underneath.
Any other ideas on this part of the design?