PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Harv's air or MFC?
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 13:58
downnorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MFC is a good school but they have way too many students and programs.

I know when I was there the Chinese folks seemed to have aircraft booking priority. Bookings needed to be made well in advance and even if you did have a booking there was always a chance you could be bumped.
I know of a few people who left MFC because they had enough...

The weather in Moncton can be awful. I remember one February there was one VFR flying day the entire month. On that day everyone wanted to fly. If you plan on finishing quickly I would stay away from the East Coast, especially during the winter.

I would recommend Perimeter for your IFR. Very good program AND the aircraft are certified for known icing. This means you fly in almost any weather. In my opinion it is a good learning experience flying a full procedure approach down to minimums in actual IFR conditions, in a snow, while picking up ice and dealing with it...

For your private/commercial license I would recommend a smaller less busy school such as Winnipeg Aviation. On most days you could walk in the same day and book an aircraft. The training is very personal and you don't seemed rushed by an instructor who has two dozen students to deal with.

In the end the company where you go for you first job doesn't really care where you did your flight training. I have worked for several large commuter/charter operators and not one gives preference to students from any particular flight school.