PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Apple stuff - Mac, iPad, iphone
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 13:31
mcdhu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Printers for Mac

Jeez! It's still getting to me!! Can anyone please recommend a multi function printer that I can plug into the back of my Mac that will print/scan docs and photos - nothing special - but which will print duplex - either auto or manual. Canons, which I like, will not do duplex using Snow Leopard - according to the Canon website, HP has a bad reputation when it comes to drivers and I don't know anything about any other makes. T'internet is short on info and PC World/Staples are next to useless.

Apple publish a list of 'compatible' printers and say it will all be fine, but it isn't. No expert can make my Mac print to the Canon printer via the router which is connected to a Win Xp PC on the other side of the room!! Yes, I have tried all the advice on Apple support and even got a 'professional' in. No joy! So I've given up - hence the need for a printer to plug into the Mac.

First hand info would be greatly appreciated and then I could perhaps bin the trusty but 4 year old Dell laptop - which will print wirelessly to the Canon via the PC!

Might it be that the Canon drivers do not permit Duplex (manual or auto), but that the Apple drivers for Canon products might?

Hopefully,
mcdhu