PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mrs Bloggs 'At Home' Etiquette/Protocols
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 11:38
Old-Duffer

Received 17 Likes on 7 Posts
What About One's Club

Neptunus is right; certainly, the visiting cards must be embossed but it is essential that one’s club is recorded – bottom left, I believe.

I don’t think a few G&Ts beforehand is a good idea!

I once took a female PM nursing sister to a posh cocktail party but she had already taken precautions, lest the drinks supply was impaired. About an hour into the event, she fell to the ground, taking the principal host with her! The interview I had the following morning can best be called; ‘unpleasant’.

The lady quickly realised I was a dead loss and set her hat (it’s called a ‘black dick’ in the PM nursing world by the way – honest) at another officer. She arrived at the wedding having once more prepared for a slow start to the drinks and I’m told the antics at the Reception are still talked about to this very day.

Many years later, whilst travelling to a meeting with others, I spotted said lady and was unable to avoid sitting diagonally across the train aisle from her. I did my best to stare out the window, became engrossed in my newspaper or fell deep into conversation with the others. She, however, apparently kept staring at me and after she left the train, I was asked what it was all about. I recounted the tale and one of my companions said the book she had with her was something like; “The WHICH book of getting divorced”!! Lucky escape pour moi.

O-D