PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Airlines B747 Crash (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2002, 21:51
JohnBarrySmith

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R1>Without passing comment on JBS theories, I would point out that there is one group of people pretty much guaranteed to have access to the photos/video - the Sikhs defence team. Suggest JBS should approach them, offering to explore the defence that the crash was not the result of a bombing at all.

That's his best way to have a chance of a look at the photographs. RCMP may well refuse to release them to anyone else, but they can hardly refuse the defence brief!

JBS>Thanks for suggestion and been there, done that. I’ve talked to three attorneys of the Sikhs, several of the relatives, the RCMP, and the TSB.

All start from the ‘it was a bomb, period.’ All end with, ‘it was a bomb’ but the Sikhs did or did not do it, period.’

The attorneys are criminal attorneys and don’t know the first thing about airplanes crashing. The Sikhs are conspiracy from the word go and believe it is a religious/political plot against them. The press won’t talk about it because of the ban. The RCMP now says with their ‘expert’ John Garstang, that it was a bomb in the aft cargo compartment, completely contrary to what the CASB and Kirpal Indian report said in 1986. Some attorneys have quit and some are under investigation for hiring relatives. And everybody believes it was a bomb for Air India Flight 182...except the actual investigators on the scene and who have examined the wreckage and say otherwise in the official reports of 1986.

The RCMP won’t release any photographs, the TSB guy retired, the Sikhs continue to fight off conspiracy ‘proof’ against them, an impossible task, as they look for other ‘bombers’ to put the blame on. Exactly the strategy of the Pan Am Flight 103 defence team who never disputed it was a bomb but blamed the Syrians or whoever.

Once it was assumed to be a bomb, who needs prosecutors with a defense team like that.

I have never been refuted by facts, only opinions from interested parties. They never asked any questions about the wiring/cargo door issue, just about me personally.

It is not a conspiracy. Would you expect Boeing to run computer simulations of 747s that disintegrate in the air and run all the possibilities when one of them can be perceived as causing the company to crash? These pieces of wreckage have to do what they do after the initial event, they can not negotiate or have wishful thinking to land over there or over here. A computer simulation can easily be made that would explain the movement and twisted shapes of the wreckage pieces.

A center tank explosion gives center type damage, not the actual starboard shattered side and the smooth port side of Trans World Airlines Flight 800.

A bomb on the port side of Pan Am Flight 103 would give shattered port side, not the actual small hole on port side and huge shattered starboard side.

A repair doubler failure on the port side of China Airlines Flight 611 would give more shattered port side aft fuselage damage, not the apparent more severe starboard side.

A powerful semtex bomb that blows the nose off of Boeing 747s would be heard on the CVRs, but was not heard on any.

All the wishful thinking is refuted by the actual evidence.

The attorneys know that in trials it is expert opinion versus expert opinion and my ‘non expert’ opinion will not stand up against the ‘bomb’ opinions, regardless of the facts. The attorneys don’t care about plane crashes, only about their clients. The attorneys would have to learn all about pressurized hulls going back to the Comet to adequately cross examine me and they will not learn all that but will try for technicalities which, I believe, will get their clients off. I predict there will be no trial for Air India Flight 182. The case against them is too flawed, even more so than against the Libyans, if that’s possible.

The sad part is the semi wacky explanations like electro magnetic interference, meteors, missiles, static electricity, and space debris get press attention and official attention, while the mechanical explanation with solid precedent is ignored. Not a conspiracy, just wishful thinking on the part of the interested parties that a very serious industry wide problem exists on all poly X wired and non plug cargo door airliners...and that’s a big problem.

Cheers
Barry