PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett and the Fokker Friendship
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 02:01
john_tullamarine

Received 97 Likes on 65 Posts
Dragging out that ground cart on a cold winter morning, manual load sheets, securing the webbing etc

Character building stuff

all while his Lordship had a fag and a yarn with the locals up against the boundary fence.

has to be some privilege with rank, (even if it only was 2½ bars to start with) .. and he probably did his time on the same 10 years earlier ...

under the staircase for the boy in Mildura

the Grand was my favourite pub .. you can keep your Hiltons and Sheratons ..

I always seemed to be the FO on Initial Command checkouts with the tension level akin to having dinner with the ex-wife.

Donder and I can relate to that .. when we were intake we had a like number of initial commands going through at the same time. Great fun and a good bunch of blokes.

I must admit the 'track trips' were fun though.

probably best not to venture too close to track trip stories until all the participants have died and the statute of limitations has expired.

Apart from the hearing loss

you're probably just as deaf as I am .. I guess the Ta-tas guys are better with their having used decent headsets on the Mouse.

FO got nailed to the wall ... isn't it the Captain's responsibility..."

One of my contemporaries and a fine chap - he never appeared to be bitter about the incident at all, though.

Too bad we lost that knowlege base a couple of decades ago

.. and now no-one, other than the older folk, appear to perceive the problems associated with the Industry's dumbing down ...