PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 10th Nov 2010, 00:09
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Married

I think the "cargo" police have been onto this for some time now. Flight is also reporting it, AND BA caught yet again??? Blimey!!

It may be that the fines are worth the profits earned over the period in between being fined and being fined again for the same offence. Good game.

I'm not an economics major so I must defer to our other, more knowledgeable collegues who profess to know the workings of the Department Of Economics at The University Of Calcutta and Oxbridge college. (they're so luck) Maybe they know someone who might have an answer for us?

I'm a pilot. I learned long ago, not to get into any dispute over numbers. That's why I use a financial advisor.
As for markets, free trade and emerging markets, bah, humbug! I'd like to show you the money those a**holes have lost for me over the last 5 years. But I don't have it to show you, I digress...

Somehow, this doesn't surprise me (as I'm sure it didn't, you). Especially the players. What fate awaits these alliances when individual governments see it as a national embarassment and finally put a foot down?
(Italy excluded, of course)

I think it only proves once again that you can't play by the rules and survive. (A few Canadians are going to be upset if that's true, eh?) We can go back to your earlier remarks about that notorius playing field. It has never been level and it never will be. This is yet another example. Those who've survived the airline business since fuel prices first shot up in the early 70s have done so through creative management and I see EKs taking a similar approach to world dominance. I read about them almost daily. Enviable ambitions and good luck to them. But I'm also clever enough to understand some countries out there have governments taking a proactive approach, on that 'uneven' playing field, to what's afoot. Canada may be no genius when it comes to getting screwed, I agree. But I sure think it's starting to understand why their rectum hurts and they're finally starting to look for answers in a totally new direction.

To the point, if I may? Recent deviations in this thread have nothing to do with refusing EK new services to Canada and allowing them increased frequencies out of YYZ, IMHO.
Neither do I think the Canadian government is likely to respond to the childish behavior of the UAE.

How do I explain this to middle east carriers?
Inshallah.

Willie

Last edited by Willie Everlearn; 10th Nov 2010 at 00:28.