PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Latest research on Automation Dependency - Regulator please note..
Old 9th Nov 2010, 19:13
Maurice Chavez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Phantom Driver
One guy on this forum wants to disconnect and fly manually after a long haul flight because he "wants to do something". Another contributor can't understand how the PM can get overloaded in his monitoring duties. Excuse me?!

The Atlantic Barons in their Stratocruisers, Constellations, 707's,DC8's were indeed a breed apart as far as pure flying skills were concerned, but you have to admit-they lost quite a few.
Dear Sir,
First of all you seem to know better then the rest of the industry, do yourself a favor read this flight safety foundation article. Seconds, the guy that questioned the the workload of the PM, whilst hand flying was me. Again I'm still waiting for somebody to point out this overload...Please explain that whole philosophy......
Third, I'm an ex Diezel 8 driver, and yes we lost quite a few, but not as much as the "new generation" aircraft, or maybe the "new generation pilot" should I say..We did use automation as much as possible, but when "the thing" wasn't doing what it was supposed to do, we took over.....

Read the article posted above and try to be honest with yourself......Hope you learn something.