PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request from The Times newspaper, London
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2002, 19:41
PAXboy
Paxing All Over The World

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts
Elsewhere, in the same forum, the topic: "The BAA, scissors and nail clippers" gives a fine example of how the politicos have managed to place their heads up their own fundaments... this quote is from Max Angle
You can't take nail clippers on board but you can buy a glass bottle of duty free and take that. We give the pax. plastic knives and forks and then give them a glass to drink out of. A pilot who spends 12 hours locked in the flightdeck in charge of 300 tons of aircraft and 250 pax. is then not allowed to sit on the jumpseat on one of his own companies jets to get him home after the duty. I can't take my leatherman airside but an engineer who I meet on the aircraft can.
I have also pointed out that Club and First encourage PAX to bring their laptops on board and work, even providing power points in the seat. Some of the larger Dell and Compaq 'laptops' way close to 4 Kg. Swing that at cabin crew and they will notice.

We cannot protect 100% but we have now gone to pathetic ends to appear as if we are.

Last edited by PAXboy; 20th Aug 2002 at 19:56.