PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian nationals on fata
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2010, 10:54
Phil Squares

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I could legally have worked in USA doing instruction flying I would not be too worried about people coming here and flying on the basis of very experience which I and others have been denied in these expat's respective countries.
Reckon I am qualified to make the above observation, being an Indian national flying the A320 in India as a line Captain on an Indian ATPL. My previous jobs included working many long years as a FAA CFI (Flight Instructor) and later as a Regional Pilot, in North America. Years of hard work before I moved into the A320. However I cherish every single one of these years, because I believe I became a better person first, and maybe even a better pilot!

I did forget to mention, I sponsored my own Flight Training, and my US Bachelor’s Degree (read-NO Bank/Family loans) by working on Merchant vessels for 10 years soon after High school.

After 3 years of flying in India it’s time to head back to the US. The small mindedness, pettiness, sense of self-entitlement, unscrupulous, un-professional behavior I experience, leaves me little choice. In India way too much importance is given to getting the job, often employing practices that are not above-board. It’s almost like the get rich quick Nigerian 419 scams! Pity, this country has potential; unfortunately it will never be realized.
Despite the VISA and TSA hurdles there are still a lot of Indian CFI working in USA for dirt cheap pay* packets just to get the flying experience. OF course a lot of them are illegals and a good proportion on F1 VISAs at incredibly expensive schools.
Ok, so now I am confused. On one hand you say you would gladly move to the US to get experience, but then on the you say you can't legally accomplish that. Why? You have made reference to other Indian pilots who do that and you have at least one Indian pilot who did that, returned to India and left again.

Are you for real? You simply want everything handed to you. You don't want to work hard like everyone else! How do you get this sense of entitlement? Or better yet, what gives you the right to demand it?

Like I said before, you need to get a life!!! If you spent this much time, energy and venom getting a job you wouldn't be posting these idiotic postings on this fourm.

But, with that said, it is great entertainment!!!

AMF!!!

Last edited by Phil Squares; 10th Nov 2010 at 12:45.