PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian nationals on fata
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2010, 09:22
jimmygill

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is my point precisly. Why must others do it for you guys? Pilots from America, Canada, NZ, Australia, UK, etc have for many years found work in remote parts of the world such as Africa, Papua New Guinea, lesser developed parts of Europe (many of the "stans") to get a start. They did it themselves, driven by passion and determination. They still do. They organized their own visas and airfares and live in conditions that are surprising at best, just to get that step into the door, those hours of experience that are GOLD. I have no standing on other country's immigration laws and work permits so can't help you there! So instead, do what the others do and find the countries you can work in and target them!!!! The world does not begin and end in India.
My precise point... its possible to get a work VISA in south east asia, *stans and most remote parts but not in USA, NZ, CANADA, Australia and UK. Now we are merely talking about restricting that free supply of VISA on a quid pro quo basis. If I could legally have worked in USA doing instruction flying I would not be too worried about people coming here and flying on the basis of very experience which I and others have been denied in these expat's respective countries.

I don't want a Mexican to fly in India unless Mexico allows Indians to fly in Mexico. Period.

Every body with CPL starts with 200 or 250 hrs.. what matters is availability of venues for flying.