PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lossie protest
Thread: Lossie protest
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2010, 06:26
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
A Moray base would be for the Scottish squaddies some of whom are at present in Germany. There is a rumour that MOD is thinking of closing Fort George, the current Army base in the Scottish Highlands.

This whole process is a bit of a shambles. They should know what they want to do and get on with it. All they achieve by delaying any decision is to unsettle evryone that might be affected.
Well exactly, I think the trouble is, that a firm proposal is put together, but as much as I hate to think of it, various people with vested interests then start to get involved. The a plan, which may have originally involved say moving aircraft from one base and closing another, gets thrown into the melting pot again because perhaps the local MP is able to have his or his constituents plight looked at more closely and successfully. Then a rehash is on the cards and before we know where we are, compromise and further hitherto unseen considerations are brought to light and on it goes. On top of which is the old you grease my palm and....

FB