PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL vs FAA ATP
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2010, 04:29
guitarboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Crazy Bird.. -- listen Dude.. Forget about flying in India.! there are 5000 Indian CPL Holder sitting at home looking for jobs. About 2000-3000 more who have completed their training and soon will convert.

There are hardly any openings and you donot qualify for anything else with that CPL.

I understand your love for flying but im giving you the reality check at the moment. If you love flying so much The INDIAN AIR FORCE / INDIAN NAVY / INDIAN COAST GUARD recruit for Pilots twice every year. You donot have to have a licence to apply, just pass their entrances tests etc and then they will train you with a stipend / place to live etc. Apply there directly rather than first completing the Course in EU / USA and then sitting at home etc.

Believe me, if i were you with a 100k id go get myself a Bachelors Degree frm USA / UK / CANADA from an IVY League college and make the most of my life and after the 3/4 years of studying make a career which has almost no pitfalls as compared to aviation.

While studying in US / CANADA etc you can side by side maybe take some lessons and earn a private pilots licence if you really wanna fly. But if youre thinking of working for an airline in india.. DUDE! SEROUSLY! THERE IS NO SCOPE! Its my request to put your Parents hard earned money in the right direction rather than dumping it.

Anyways.. Good Luck to You.