PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ansett and the Fokker Friendship
View Single Post
Old 9th Nov 2010, 00:14
By George

Received 74 Likes on 18 Posts
The F27 might have been fun as a Capt but as an FO what memories! One certain Capt would park with the wing tip over a drain to make it next to impossible to get the pitot cover off with that stupid stick thingy. (He found it amusing apparently). Dragging out that ground cart on a cold winter morning, manual load sheets, securing the webbing etc all while his Lordship had a fag and a yarn with the locals up against the boundary fence. The check flights where a nightmare having to know all the drain holes and such vital things as to where is the primary heat exchanger and which intake is the secondary. (sorry Dora-9 you were ok). Then the overnights, under the staircase for the boy in Mildura with the ceiling the stair-well in reverse. Every time someone went up or down it was like an earthquake. I always seemed to be the FO on Initial Command checkouts with the tension level akin to having dinner with the ex-wife. I must admit the 'track trips' were fun though. Apart from the hearing loss I would do it all again, we're a strange lot.