PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are you looking for an airline job
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2010, 19:12
73addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shortflyer, firstly I don't see the need to berate people by insulting them. There are always useless replies posted and are best ignored as we can all read and ignore them. Rise above it.
Anyway about your thread there have been many experience levels expressed on the cityflyer, BA and Jet2 threads. It would appear that there are certainly a large number of guys out there looking for jobs but obviously not all of them will be currently unemployed. As a cadet/newly qualified low hour your best bet seems to be Ryanair, Easy and Flybe as they all favour new recruits over experienced.
I know you are specifically looking for replies by unemployed job seekers so, I was working for Viking until recently and my experience is >3000TT with approx 2700 on the 737. I subsequently can tell you at least 40 odd experienced 737 chaps are looking for alternate employment there (although prob not all). BA are reported to have received over 1400 applications in 7 days for their recent drive (experienced). Jet2 over 2000 and counting for their current recruitment that includes rated/non-rated/experienced/low hours. Hazard a guess for Cityflyer.
Anyway hope this is somewhat useful and wish you and all other low houred people all the best in finding your first airline position.