PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates vs. Air Canada
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2010, 15:10
Oblaaspop

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clunk, you make a fair point. Yes I am a Brit, but sadly I stopped feeling the need to wave the Union Jack (not even allowed to call it that any more!) a very long time ago. The UK is screwed, pure and simple which is why I chose to escape.

Unless I'm forced, I have absolutely no intention of ever going back unless Jeremy Clarkson becomes Prime Minister!

I would hate to see Canada go down the same route as the 'Nanny State' that is the UK........ Most (not all) Expat Brits are of the same opinion. Now, my interest wrt Canada is that I would genuinely like to retire over there and the thought of being forced to use AC and not be able to take advantage of my retirement travel concessions

Seriously though, I hold no great loyalty to EK (apart from the fact they pay my wages), but I'm fed up of non-truths being spouted about 'uneven playing fields', 'government subsidies' etc etc when all the while the very Airline that is saying these things is the very Airline that is taking advantage of the very things they slate.......... How 'kin hypocritical is that? Why can't they just be honest and say that AC is a poorly run business on the brink and need all the protection the government can give? I could accept that because of the honesty, what I have trouble accepting are out and out lies!

I may well lose my patience with some of the posters on this forum and hit hard on occasions with a swift blow of my keyboard (a function of getting old and grouchy I suppose!), but one thing I don't think I can be accused of is not using fact to back up my arguments (I'm sure someone will correct me on that one with some obscure minor point that has no relevance to the main point), unlike others on here.

I hope this sheds some light on my focus? If not, then I'm sorry, but everyone is entitled to an opinion regardless of from where they come from. What gets me though is there are many on here that slag the UAE and its policies etc having never even been there (or even bothered to do sensible research) and just jump on a bandwagon.... The amount of N Americans that ask me whether I wear a flack jacket to protect me from all the AK47 fire when I go to the shops, just isn't funny! It appears some Canadians have the same silly view of the place, which saddens me, I had you guys down as being a bit more intelligent than your neighbours to the south. It appears that in some cases I was clearly wrong!