PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian nationals on fata
View Single Post
Old 8th Nov 2010, 10:12
pree56

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@topup

please dont comment unless you really know about the horrible truth of Indian aviation sir.
Even though we are talking about only 12-15 FATA Indian FOs, those 12 to 15 vacancies are to us wannabes, what water is in a dry desert to a thirsty and tired traveler.

None of the airlines which have recruited since 2008, have ever advertised that anyone with any ICAO CPL can apply for jobs as trainee FOs. It is clearly mentioned in EVERY bloody advertisement that Indian National with Indian CPL and Indian FRTOL and Indian Class 1 medical is MANDATORY for applying for job as trainee FO.

you people come from so called "first world" countries. Can you not udnerstand something as simple as this ?

I congratulate agent123 and jimmygill for bringing out this issue.

we will fight tooth and nail and see to it that those guys who got in through shady means without converting their foreign licences to Indian CPL, are kicked out left, right and center.

I dont CARE whethere or not I get a job after chucking them out. The only thing Im bothered is that THOSE FATA Indian FO guys need to be kicked out with pressure and lobby from media and political channels. (dont worry I know how to get such things done. Im not looking for advise on that here.)

LET ANY FELLOW INDIAN CPL HOLDER GET THAT JOB IN PLACE OF THOSE WHO TRIED TO GET IN THROUGH THE BACKDOOR UNDER THE GUISE OF EASY FAA + FATA.

That is our short term goal for now. Happy ?

Though we dont really have to spell out our agenda and plan of action, since u were so curious, here's what we plan to do :

1. Out of all the expats woking in India (based on FATA RTI records), 85% are line captains and only 15% are TREs, TRIs.
this clearly shows that Indian nationals are not being upgraded fairly.
if expats are really being hired for bringing inexperienced Indian nationals upto to their "so called first world standards", then there should have been more TREs and TRI expats !! why so many line captains only ?????

2. there are many expats commanders with ONLY 200 to 500 hours time on type, AT THE TIME OF JOINING THE AIRLINE, and ZERO HOURS CAPTAIN HOURS ON TYPE.
clearly shows that there is extremely shady and underhanded dealings going on with expat recruitments and contracts from these bloody creepy recruiting agencies.
there are expat FO's who have bought their type ratings and paid commission also and are literally BUYING COMMAND HOURS and UPGRADES.