PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything happening in Ivory Coast
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2002, 14:19
fesmokie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK a little harsh mabe but...

Although I never mentioned anything about the airport I do agree its a beautifull terminal but, we didn't live in the frikken terminal during our stay in Abidjon!! We never even saw the city center until our last two days where we spent in a 5 star hotel over looking the city.Very nice place.The three star hotel we did stay at was about a 15 minutes from the city center.Across the water from this place was a sewage treatment plant and if one wanted could walk across the 1/4 mile of Sh#t and debris on the water to get to the other side.The smell from the burning of huge piles of garbage every where you go, on the side of the streets etc. 24/7 was also quite delightfull. Very few people spoke english ( reminded me of Montreal) but I must admit the morocan woman in the bars/whorehouses were quite pleasant.I guess of all the places I've been and lived in Africa Abidjon didn't do a thing for me. I would take Nairobi anytime and Namibia ......Ahh...Heaven. "4 granted" Ive never seen -42 C in southern BC. Worst it gets there is - 5.