PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rvr and ils cat1
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 12:57
9.G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DFC, I agree with all the aforesaid. RVR 125 is indeed relevant for this approach, so far one reported, to perform manual auto rollout as a auto rollout accuracy isn't warranted on CAT I ILS. Doesn't mean one wouldn't use the automation to perform however in case the A/P screws up taking over manually means min RVR 125. RVR 75 M is only required to accomplish taxi, here comes towing to the stand as an option to my mind or if able to vacate the RWY within the 2/3 stopend RVR isn't needed at all. Regarding the substitution of TDZ by MID all depends on the approved Specs of the operator. If NO RVR is reported simply do the math and see if it's possible to shoot the approach.

Here's the reference in case EU OPS 1.400/1.4005

The touch-down zone RVR is always controlling. If reported and relevant, the mid point and stop end RVR are also controlling. The minimum RVR value for the mid-point is 125 m or the RVR required for the touch-down zone if less, and 75 m for the stop-end. For aeroplanes equipped with a roll-out guidance or control system, the minimum RVR value for the mid-point is 75 m.
Note. “Relevant”, in this context, means that part of the runway used during the high speed phase of the landing down to a speed of approximately 60 kt.