PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Its Time Mr.Joyce
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 11:16
ALAEA Fed Sec

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok Beatup, I will call you Greg from now on, don't ask why, I just think it suits. When Aircraft Engineers that I represent are threatened with their livelihoods I will take every opportunity to get that issue made public because it a bloody disgrace for any Engineer to be essentially told to turn a blind eye to defects. If you can't understand why, you shouldn't be reading the posts on this site.

You have claimed that I was not truthful on the box and your reason is allegedly this –

You spun a good story on the 7pm Project saying that QantasLink Dash 8's had unsafe flightdeck doors which could be opened with a paddlepop stick. Your response to my previous post was that you said no untruths. Seeing you must be a man of impeccable integrity I can only assume that you don't know that the alleged flaws with the said Dash 8's has been fully investigated by a team of CASA airworthiness inspectors. This inspection found that there were no matters of concern, the doors are fully compliant with all safety/regulatory affairs.
I did say that, or something close and it is 100% correct. They had unsafe flightdeck doors on the 19th of Oct and 7 of them were snagged by good LAMEs, here is one of the Tech log entries, the rest are similar -

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/7htqm4ej

You may note that the defect was raised, and it was supposedly rectified. If there was no problem, it would not have required rectification. The rectification was carried out by a Manager. It didn't fix the problem but allowed him to look like he did something to sign it off. We will hear more about this later.

Now Qantaslink suspected we had some video. They didn't really want it released because they needed to buy some time before CASA got out to investigate with the Office of Transport Security. To scare the ALAEA off they send me this -

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/42threatsj

I gave them an indication that I couldn't give a damn about their letter and knew the aircraft breached Aviation Security legislation. I spoke to the Head of that department and he threatened me with jail as well. I explained having aircraft with the doors in this condition is not a problem, unless you continue to fly them. They did. So we went public.

But they knew there was a problem, an EI had been ordered on the 21st and was ready by the 23rd. Here is the front page -

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/jw22424748j

Are you still thinking that the doors couldn't be opened with paddle pop sticks or this was fabricated? It hit the news on the 25th. In response Qantaslink took action against the LAMEs. Here is part of one of their letters -

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/71allegationsj

So there is a mad rush to get all the mods done in three days to make sure CASA and the Office of Transport Security see a clean ship. Here are a couple of pages from the workloads on them nights -

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/g1workplan1j

Yfrog Photo : yfrog.com/6rworkplan2j

So what do CASA see when they get out there, well firstly my invitation was withdrawn -

Gentlemen,

Apologies for not providing notice earlier today (Yesterday by the time you read this message).

I have been advised by Qantas that they do not agree to the attendance of the ALAEA at the inspection of aircraft tomorrow (28 October). As a result I am withdrawing the invitation that I extended to Mr. Purvinas on 26 October 2010.

We remain interested in a meeting with the ALAEA to further explore your allegations. I will contact you before the end of this week to arrange a suitable time for these meetings.

| National Team Leader- Investigations |
Office of Transport Security |
And yes Greg you are correct, on the 28th of October, over a week after the incident was raised on 7 aircraft, a team of highly skilled CASA investigators found nothing wrong. Neither did the Office of Transport Security. What a surprise.

Now back to your question -

Would you please go back to the 7pm Project and set the record straight.
Answer - No. My facts are always thouroughly researched before I open my mouth.

You wanna play on this site, try as you will. I suspect (but would stand corrected) that my open publishing over many years has helped build some credibility. Its a different approach, but our industry is being torn apart by bean counters and pricks who will take our jobs at the drop of a hat in the name of short term bonus targets and at the expense of Australias oldest airline. I will do whatever it takes to ensure Ansett never happens again and I'm pretty sure there are at least 35,000 people behind me.

If you still wanna believe that little Irishman when he says my claims or stories are outrageous, don't tackle me here. You will always come off second best.

Cheers
Steve P