PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Staff Shortages?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 11:00
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pay us 10k 20k 50? more annually just because one day you might get lose the medical. Get serious.
I am serious. It needs to be taken account of, even though you are too young to see it affecting YOU, yet. Just wait til your mid-40's, big mortgage (on the house the wife LOVES), the kids in private school, leased cars etc. etc. (or whatever floats your boat lifestyle-wise), then that visit to the doctor with the surprise eye-problem/diabetes/hearing deterioration/whatever suddenly makes you realise that LOL insurance isnt even going to cover the mortgage, let alone the prospect of looking for work, and you might be a little more circumspect. You at least have a glimmer of what people are on about here with AsA being a toxic workplace that WILL slowlly wear down your shiny outlook, hinted at here
I can see where most of you are leading - perhaps my views and perspectives will change in the future. We shall see. I just hope I don't let it get to me day in and day out like so many appear to do.
Max1 is absolutely correct. Sure, you don't have to be dragged into the negativity etc., but next time Civil Air is asking for a vote on PIA, or a similar situation, have a real good think about it and don't just dismiss it as whining or over-reaching. YOU may need to have been compensated for being turned into a whining, negative AsA victim one day.
So many shiny new trainees. So many bitter old AsA victims. So many working elsewhere (like me).

Don't confuse a great job with a great employer.