PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Staff Shortages?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 08:56
max1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Coneyisland,
I have read all your posts on pprune, including on the ATC forum.
You say you have around two years rated experience are engaged to be married and worked hard at the College. Congratulations.You should be on around the $90k mark with no kids.

Right so far? Any mortgage? I'll also assume ( bad thing in aviation ) that you are in the twenties or early thirties. I'll also assume you haven't done years of nightshift? Haven't been involved in an incident? Maybe seen a colleague who has? Is your sector the busiest? Is it the most demanding? Are you the smartest guy in the room? Is youth wasted on the young?

You needed an ego to be an ATC or pilot, make sure it doesn't bite you on the backside.

You've decided that the Middle East should pay you 3X ( $270k- tax ) your present salary to go up there. They're currently paying around $200k TAX free, when are your resignation drinks? Could you bundle them up with all the others that are leaving to save my liver, like the last 4 guys did six weeks ago and the other resignation/ early retirement people are doing in early December?

Last edited by max1; 7th Nov 2010 at 09:48.