PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Staff Shortages?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 07:38
ferris

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whilst I agree with some of what you say, Coney, (as one who was prepared to do something about it) you do show how wet behind the ears you are with statements like
a medical once in a blue moon as this person above had. It's not a big bloody deal.
It might become a "bloody big deal" to you when you have 10 or more years in, encounter a health problem and realise that you could, indeed, be looking for something else to do in very short order. My brother, a tradie, last year made slightly more than double what a controller in oz makes and NEVER has to face the prospect of being medicalled out or failing a check. That isn't even WHY controllers earn their money, despite your thoughts on the matter. Many, many knowledge workers 'sit on their arse', so to speak, yet earn far more for doing little more than creating wealth (ahh, the irony)- think traders, programmers etc. It isn't even all about the fact that controllers can make an error and kill, or at the very least seriously endanger 600 people in one go (as you well know). We should earn the biccies for the amount of money we save by adding efficiency to the system (and I really mean that), alone.

People like you crack me up. If you had any integrity you would've approached AsA and offered to work for 'an appropriate amount', thereby assuaging any guilt you have from limiting managers bonuses and overindulging at the public trough.
Entitled to an opinion- sure. Opinion being evidence of immaturity- maybe. Open to comment- certainly.