PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Chinook - Still Hitting Back 3 (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 07:20
flipster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think the point here is that Lord Philip and the legal Review panel will surely be looking at the legal basis of what the BOI report said and how the evidence therein tallies with 'absolutely no doubt whatsoever'. More importantly, I would also hope that, to ensure transparency and thoroughness, the Review will be looking closely what the BOI didn't say and what questions, in the light of recent revelations, the board didn't ask (or weren't allowed to ask?). Rather than pontificating about the weather (futile since no-one knows what the in-flight viz was from the cockpit), maybe we should let the Review get on with that task now?

Officers 'with egg on their hats' would do well to remember that, post the original, flawed BOI, three subsequent legally-based inquiries and reviews have found that the ROs' opinions do not amount to the required weight of evidence and I would humbly advise those officers and their pals to put their collective minds to the thorny problem of what to say should the current review find the same and that the egg has slipped from their hats and onto their faces.