PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 32(TR) Sqn - Why do we have/need them?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 07:13
Winco

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
32(TR) Sqn - Why do we have/need them?

Many of you will know of my outbursts on the subject of the Nimrod MRA4 and the total loss of LRMPA coverage for this nation, not to mention SAR cover, and I make no apology for them, however;

In light of this and other significant cuts in the inverntory of our front line Armed Forces, I wonder if someone 'in the know' could explain to me what the heck we still have 32 Sqn for and their role as the so-called Royal Flight??

It appears to me that in recent times, their Highness's fly commercial pretty much everywhere they go, so why do we need them?? I would much prefer to see an MPA asset on the books rarther than an ageing fleet of 125's and 146's (are the 146's still going??)

That would then leave the way clear to bin Northolt, sell it off for some ridiculous figure and em..............................pay for Nimrod MRA4 maybe!!

On the other hand, it's a bit too convenient for the likes of CAS, ACAS and their entourage when they want to go to an airshow at the weekend isn't it? so I guess it will never happen. Shame really.

Winco