PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Staff Shortages?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 06:43
coneyisland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
And no-one said medicals and checks were stressful - that would be misrepresentation and twisting of words by you.
your reference to how easy we ATCs have it says a lot. Do you not get what we do every day? In a previous life I was a tradie, and as such I worked Monday to Friday, no public holidays, no shift work, no medical required to retain my qualifications, no 6 monthly performance checks.
Ok, perhaps he did not say it was stressful - but lets not whinge and whine about having to do checks and a medical once in a blue moon as this person above had. It's not a big bloody deal.

Le pingouin,

"Please Sir, can I have some more?" as they bend you over to make their bonus. Luverly!
No that is not me, as you would see if you read my previous posts. If you don't want to do something - say no. Pretty simple. And seriously, who cares about their bonuses. Don't worry about it. Jealousy much? FFS

There are way too many ATC's who complain and moan constantly and blow things out of proportion. If you don't like it, then leave. Why don't you? Because you either have zero qualifications or zero alternative prospects. Or for those that do, you don't leave because you know deep down you are on a pretty good deal compared to most. Stop complaining or get out. Please, for my sanity and the multitude of ATC's who have PM'ed me expressing very similar sentiments to my own.

For the record, those that pm'ed (both pilots and ATC's) their support of my comments - thanks very much. Glad I'm not the only sensible one with a grip on reality. To the rest of you, its shameful that they are too worried to express their support openly - as many as easily identifiable by their posting history and wouldn't put it past some of you to hand them off 6 miles with 80 knots closing!! Sad reflection on some of you guys I'm afraid.