PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC Staff Shortages?
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 04:31
coneyisland

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love being entertained by the narrow minded and the selfish masses. It gives me a good laugh guys, keep it coming!

Howabout

Jeez, I don't mind impassioned argument. What doesn't compute is inconsistency.
Good journo skills, misrepresenting my comments and twisting it around. Nice

Plazbot,

A quick 'show all posts' and some simple time lining puts coneyisland at about 15 minutes as an ATC (OK, maybe 2 years).
Yes - as I myself have noted in previous posts. Thank you Sherlock.

ruining their own conditions year in year out and it is weak pricks like coneyisland that are the reason.
I'm so over young pontificating controllers who "kiss up and sh*t down".
For the record, as it obvious you believe I am one of these controllers who take every AD going and bend myself backwards to help AsA - that is incorrect. I say 'Nup', it is not that hard and more people should do it instead of whinging all the time. I don't come back to work after only 4.5 hrs away. I don't work more than 10 hours at a time. I don't agree to doing dodgy short break procedures when they can't get coverage. So don't make judgements based on assumptions pal!

As far as getting paid more overseas - if people want to go and grab the cash, fine by me. But I would need to paid at least 3x as much to go and live in the Middle East as what they currently pay. I would need Germany to offer twice what they currently do to entice me to move my life, and my fiance's, to go over there! I value my current lifestyle here in AUS as being worth quite a lot. Besides, I'm pretty certain it's a lot busier traffic wise over there than it is here, generally speaking - so they should get paid more! If you all like the conditions offered elsewhere, then go and work there. Don't sit at the console whinging and whining in my ear all day. It gets old real quickly.

It is quite amusing that you all jump up and cry blue murder because I have a different perspective to you regarding my employment situation. Speaking to a lot of my friends in the tradie world, the corporate world, the IT world as a few examples - I happen to think that I have it pretty good. And you try and shoot a bloke down for that. Laughable.

I do agree with you RYAN TCAD, the college training wage is very poor - I think it is just under 40k now but it needs a substantial increase to attract more quality applicants. I personally know of 5 people that withdrew their applications specifically because of this - and all 5 expressed that the pay scales once rated were acceptable.

I have to pass regular medical checks and regular performance checks.
You are correct. God help me - how stressful. A performance check for a couple of hours every 6 months. A medical once every couple of years (that's what my requirements are anyway - not sure if they become annual as you get older or something?) Very stressful indeed. Oh, and lets not forget the annual open book ratings papers. IMHO, we should be checked way more often! But let's not go into that!

So step up one and all. Let's verbally bash a "weak prick" for being content with his job and having a bit of perspective on life. Living in a gorgeous country, being happy and healthy. Things could be a million times worse in life. I apologise for realising how lucky I am. If you seriously aren't happy at AsA - then just piss off. But take a reality check first!