PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air India Near Death Incident
View Single Post
Old 7th Nov 2010, 01:29
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Green Guard

Re:
if this incident surely happened do you understand that it was YOUR friend who greatly contributed to it ? Waiting for a speed loss of ~ 80 kts to start screeming like a madman.
From the original report at #1

I was preoccupied with watching the airspeed which was rapidly decreasing. I was sitting in the left jump seat (located just between the Captain and First Officer) and started announcing loudly “Airspeed!”, “Airspeed!” as the speed decreased below 200 knots. When there was no appropriate response and as the airspeed decreased below V2 I yelled as loud as I could “Lower the Nose!” “Maximum Power!”, “Maximum Power!” I undid my seat belt and was leaning forward to push the throttles to the firewall when the Commander beat me to it and fire-walled the throttles as he disconnected the autopilot and lowered the nose of the aircraft. The First Officer had placed her hand behind the throttles as they were moved forward but did not touch them. TOGA was NOT pushed. We were at V2 minus 15 knots and the stick shaker had activated along with stall buffet onset by the time the engines spooled.
Please point out the part which indicates “screeming (sic) like a madman”. Similarly, in the whole report I’m unable to find any reference to “a speed loss of ~ 80 kts”. Where did this come from?