PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Anything happening in Ivory Coast
View Single Post
Old 20th Aug 2002, 11:57
JoeCo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey gang,

Thanks for the replies. Some funny stuff in there!!!

StressFree: Love the handle. Ideally that's what I'd love to have, a little StressFree!! As for my success, thanks for your regards, but it's not so much a question of success, but more a question of trying to stay "in the know". I learnt my lesson years back when I was unprepared for my unexpected lay-off so this is more or a "keeping the back door opened", if you know what I mean. Besides, flying the African bush has GOT to be fun!!

fesmokie: Did you have a bad experience in Ivory Coast? From the intensity of your reply, you sound bitter about the place. Just curious because if I end up going, I'd really need the headsup to know exactly what I'd be getting into to.

4granted: Well it sure sounded like you were talking about some first hand experiences. I guess every situation is what you make of it. Golf, beach, girls, flying, HELL I'M IN!! I love the adventure and I've been overseas twice so I know it's not all peaches and cream, but the experience is worth it. Personally, I am interested in the adventure and if I can accomplish that by having a pilots licence with the willingness to travel, who do i call.

JJFlyer: As for what you said, that's what I heard. I understand that if I was to venture to far outside of the city "limits" then things could get a little hair, however the city itself is quite nice, modern and western. Doesn't sound all bad to me!!

Regardless, thanks for both the positive and negative replies. Anybody willing to pass on a company name with phone number or web site, email, anything, really it would all help.

Thanks Again,

Joe

Last edited by JoeCo; 20th Aug 2002 at 12:08.