PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - indian nationals on fata
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 16:21
Challenger05

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation

Let me try and get this straight in my head!

So JG you DO have a FLYING JOB in India and you are upset that there at INDIAN nationals who are flying on FATA licenses?? WHY???

And if that IS that case, you would like DGCA/someone out there to throw out these indian guys and thesejobs should be given to foreign nationals (expats) who should then be allowed to come in on fly in India???
Is THAT your masterplan?? I dont mean to look down on you I am just curious as to what your intentions are here...

I think after the THROW EXPATS OUT IF INDIA thread this is the most incredibly confusing thread I have come across!
(P.S. let me clarify right now that I am ALL for Expats being in India, I have learnt more about smarter flying technique and safe operational procedures from them than senior Indian captains; most of whom do know how to fly but none seem to know how to pass on that crucial knowledge to another pilot for some reason!!!)

And Jimmy are you serious when you say :
You see hopelessness for them I don't.
How can you even say that specially if you are in the industry?? Where in our present setup can we absorb all these guys and girls who are coming back with the 250hrs in their logbooks with no GA/negligible corporate or aircharter ops! Last I heard we are up to CPL 10500 in the good books of the DGCA.

Think about it; 1929 JRD Tata held CPL 1.. Till the late 90s the number was less than 3000 and now in a span of 10 years we have 7000 plus and more are returning. How in the world do you see Indian aviation giving jobs to everyone specially now that the Lot that got in the 2006-2007 are up for command and filling in the spots held by expats???

Even simple crew requirement calculations will show that you need as many as 1400 aircraft inducted tomorrow to even give these guys a shot and that is if they are still current and upto the task. Most of the my fellow trainees have not even been inside an aircraft in the last 3 years since they got the license..

We all know how India works. I call a spade a spade and most people dont like it but here goes.
You know who crib about others getting in through influence??
The ones who dont have any!

If you could get someone to help you in, you wouldnt cry about it and believe it or not its the same ALL OVER THE WORLD! I have said this before and I will say that again. If your father was senior captain/manager or you knew the Chief Pilot in AI/9W/KF/6E wouldnt you too have the same leg up. Happens in EVERY profession.

If you are naive to think thats not so, well i guess no one can convince you. Is it fair that only those who have money and can pay for TR are getting hired right now? Maybe, Maybe not, but airline business is just that a BUSINESS!
If an airline can get a pilot who is willing to pay for it, and right now there is not dearth of such pilots in india, why would they spend a penny on you even if you are freaking best pilot in the world??

Aviation has always been WHO YOU KNOW initially and then WHAT YOU KNOW! Like it or lump it.

You come across as a guy who never did a lot of research into HOW the line works. You might be "passionate" about flying and have the "right stuff" but your entire argument sounds like its coming from someone who is now disillusioned coz others beat him to that jet job!

Rather than working here to forming a alliance to get DGCA to throw out some 10-20 odd guys who spent pots of money, it will be worthwhile to try and get the DGCA to have more practical and realistic standards of flight crew licensing and training and evaluation!

Cheers..

I live by a code and the code is simple: Dont hit something you din plan to hit and even then be gentle for heavens sake!