PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Concorde question
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 16:19
NW1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Concorde had a very advanced HUD fitted. It was a spring-loaded wire frame (a bue transparent plastic thing on 'OAG) which you could flip up in front of you to help judge the landing attitude. With final attitude about 11 degrees and secondary nozzles scraping the runway at (from memory) about 12.5 degrees attitude control was key.

Three-engined ferrys were approved. Went through it on the sim, and this is only from memory but you set full re-heated power on the symmetric pair, and the assymmetric engine at 75kts. "Power Set" was called slightly later than normal (130kts). Any re-heat failure before V1 = RTO.

There were loads of complex additional issues to go through at planning (the 3-engine ferry manual wasn't the thickest on the fleet - but it was thick enough!) and I don't think I'd have been too keen on doing one (I was never asked, and I don't know of any Concorde having done it - more "seasoned" fleet members may know better!): I think it was a slighly more critical proposition even than doing it on a blunty, and most guys I know have reservations about it on their fleets too...