PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jade Cargo
Thread: Jade Cargo
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 13:24
Jaz and the Fat Man

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Tim, Give me until the end of next week and I'll have something you can use. If you're looking at interviewing in December, there are somethings you can do now to prepare. Get an online FAA ATP test and start studying. The book, " Ace the pilot tech exam" or something like that, is very helpful. As far as the medical, if you are in super shape, stop jogging now. In Asia, if you're in too good a shape, it's a no no. A resting heart rate of less than 50 is a negative. I know it sounds strange but that is the way it is. I wasn't able to get my heart rate above 150 on the treadmill test since I run about 5 miles a day, so I had to jump through all sorts of hoops. This year, I stopped exercising a couple months out and I had no problems. The Doctor even complimented me on doing a better test..... If you are in terrible shape, get off the booze and red meat, start walking every morning for at least 45 minutes. Anyway, I'll have more details within the week but this is something that can be done now. The effort you make now, will make the interview process that much easier. I'm amazed at how guys will go to an interview and think they don't have to prepare and wonder what happened when they get "the phone call"