PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA - UK facing shortage of pilots
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 12:04
Lord Spandex Masher

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by D O Guerrero
1. You people, especially spandex masher, really know how to generalise don't you?
2. When finishing an Integrated course, most of these cadets are faced with almost no option in where they go.
3. If Flybe are recruiting, which more often than not, they aren't, the terms and conditions are so poor as to make it almost pointless to get a job there.
4. I worked my arse of after my training to get a job and I would have taken one anywhere including as an FI or air taxi pilot or whatever - but these jobs in light aircraft and turboprops simply don't exist. So what's left? Ryanair or Easyjet.
5. Don't blame individuals by hurling ignorant personal abuse at them - they are dealing with a difficult situation in the best way they can.
6. No-one wants to fork out tens of thousands of pounds (in my case a lot of money that I worked my arse off to earn) for more training.
7. The options are simple - take that job and pay for a TR or start filling in the Job Seeker's Allowance form to keep Lord Spandex sweet.
8. But perhaps its better to find out the facts before you lump everyone together as spoiled brats. Remember how much you wanted to be a pilot when you were young?
1. Yes, of course it's a generalisation as I don't know everybody. But I know the type!
2. Ask yourself why, I've already shown the reasons. There are no jobs because progression has been strangled because spoilt brats want to jump the queue. If that hadn't started then things would be the same as they were 2 decades ago.
3. Silly statement, see number 4.
4. So you would have taken a job anywhere except Flybe? These jobs would exist if the queue jumpers weren't jumping the queue.
5. The best way to do something is remortgage their parents house to get thousands of pounds to pay for a job? Again, if this kind of thing hadn't started because of spoilt, impatient, queue jumpers then there would be jobs.
6. Simply don't do it then. If nobody paid for a job then the airlines would have to rethink their strategy wouldn't they? But as long as you lot of spoilt brats continue to queue jump you only serve to perpetuate the very situation that you bemoan.
7. The options are simple. If nobody paid for a job then there would be jobs that you don't have to pay for.
8. Yes of course I do. But, I wouldn't and couldn't have paid thousands of pounds to jump the queue like a spoilt 'I want one now' brat. If only you knew what my first flying job was.

I'll post this again, just for you.
You see what happens when you do that? There is now no job for the newly qualified pilot because the air taxi job he could have had is still being filled by the air taxi pilot who can't move on to a turbo prop because the turbo prop job he could have had is still being filled by a turbo prop pilot who can't move on to a big shiny jet because people like you have paid to jump the queue