PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Asian Financial Crisis
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 03:01
boxjockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you need to delve a little deeper into the topic. Have you seen what the average deposit is on property now in Hong Kong? How about percentage of salary to service a mortgage? While prices are indeed high in Hong Kong, they are going to keep heading higher for at least the medium term. With the newly announced QE in the US, it is going to set up the perfect storm for HKG real estate prices to continue rising. The US is not going to raise interest rates in the next 12-18 months, as they are dealing with very significant deflation concerns, and the last round of stimulus is going to have minimal effect. Because of this, the HKD is going to continue to devalue, as it is a slave to the US$. Now, add on top of this that HKG has a strong growth rate, low unemployment, and relatively strong inflation on the horizon, and you begin to see what may unfold. I'm not saying that in the long term HKG property will continue this trend, I believe just the opposite. I do however believe that you are going to see an awe inspiring rise in property values here in the next 12-15 months, it has already begun. I have my property for sale, for a ridiculous sum, as I believe in the advice that when everyone is buying, SELL!

box