PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Its Time Mr.Joyce
View Single Post
Old 6th Nov 2010, 02:03
TIMA9X

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can you elaborate on anything I said that was not the truth?
You spoke the truth, friends of the bean counters will try to divert the truth. I can't remember when QF have been under this much pressure in my lifetime. I think it's become an issue between "bean counters v flight ops across the board" ie pilots engineering CC's & ground staff. All techies in the various departments (normally conservative by nature) have spoken out at different times over recent years seem to have fused together with the same message, "enough is enough" regarding cost cutting! QF's handling of the media over the past couple of days was abysmal!

It's similar to what the Ralph Norris at the CBA did this week, successfully drew more attention to the corporate greed theme. AJ & his henchmen, like Ralph Norris just could not see it coming. Why? (some corporate Wallies may ask.) In Australia, it is my belief, the guys at the top of today's corporate towers are so immersed in delivering bonuses for themselves and the shareholders they have taken their eyes of the ball that runs their respective businesses.

Unlike bank branches, QF's branches are a/c's which are not firmly fixed to the ground. The operation of their branches are a little more complicated than a banks, simply locking the safe, set the alarm, then the door and going home at 6.00pm with the secure feeling that the transactions will be handled by the computers overnight.

If a banks computer fails it's not going to set the branch crashing to earth but merely an inconvenience for the workers the next day. Airlines branches operate differently, possibly to the surprise of some corporate airline bonus gatherers (managers) who choose to run their business like a bank. Sooner or later it will turn ugly if this style of airline management continues. The last few days may show signs of this ugliness.