PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BALPA - UK facing shortage of pilots
View Single Post
Old 5th Nov 2010, 22:32
Ganzic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Snoop P4R p2F

What amazes me, is why do these rich kids want to fly when there is no longer any money in it?

I love flying, so I am doing everything at my own pace and will not get upset about not getting a jet job, an FI at my local club would be excellent, as it will keep me flying and may be even some income can made out of it.
I doubt I would be giving up my non-flying job any time soon.

Unfortunately the world now a days is driven by greedy, dollars in the eyes people, who only care about grabbing a couch now, and to hell with the future.

Lots of guiltys there, never one.

But don't worry, this situation will resolve itself. Currently industry is fed by already trained laid off with in last two years pilots, once they run out, airlines will start scratching their heads...oops what just happened, can't get pilots who can fly....
May be a repeat of a bufflo (god forbid) crash should send regulators and the industry into a spiral dive, and at the end there are two outcomes possible.

One : airlines will start training there own pilots and tie them to jobs for 5+ years with little pay.
Or industry will go into meltdown and you won't see anymore british pilots at all.

Anyway it's just my opinion.